This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely in confined spaces in line with the Confined Space Regulations 2001, Code of Practice 2017 along with other key legislation.
Learning Outcomes To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated the directing Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces including Planning, Risk assessment, Dynamic risk assessment, Use of specific safety and rescue equipment required to successfully complete the task. This will include:
• Plan and Prepare to enter confined space for rescue
• Carry out a live point of work risk assessment
• Carry out pre-entry briefing with rescue team
• Deploy rescue team confirming all members understand their roles
• Deploy equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
• Follow procedures for rescue and recovery of casualties and ensure rescue team does same.
• Deal with emergencies with rescue team
• Use appropriate behaviour when dealing with the Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
• Use appropriate industry knowledge when dealing with Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
• Apply relevant industry standards for carrying out Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
• Record and resort incident or emergency details to management or authorities
• Confined Space Rescue management role and responsibilities
• Rescue plans and RAMS incl. Emergency Service liaison
• Respiratory protection overview and refresher
• Entry Control procedures
• Rescue incident recording and reporting
• Confined Space Rescue techniques and problem solving in difficult environments
Delivery Method A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper with final practical assessments. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates. This is a very practical course designed to be testing physically and mentally.
Course Duration1 day course once you hold a City & Guilds 6160-03 and a 6160-08 certificated within the previous year
Number of Delegates10
City & Guilds Emergency Rescue & Recovery certificate