The Manual Handling Instruction programme will give the learned instructor the knowledge, skills, experience and abilities to create an environment for teaching and demonstrating specific tasks in manual handling used by everyday employees while carrying out their daily duties while at work.
Manual handling training needs to be specific to the tasks involved. It should aim to ensure that the employee understands the reasons for doing the job with least risk, can recognize the risks and decide the best way to go about it and can perform the task in that way
Pre-requisites • Must be over 16 years of age • Have a suitable grasp of English language (B2 or above (CEFRL))• Have an ability to communicate effectively to a large range of audiences • Must be able to illustrate practical demonstrations to a large range of audiences.
Individuals who can produce evidence of being a physician may be exempt from attending portions of the course which focus on the human anatomy and general health.
Refer to the learning handbook for supports available, assessment methodologies and other important information. (Available on the home page of this website)
Objectives /Learning outcomes
• Develop knowledge and skills to design and deliver training activities (theory and practical) to learners in manual handling as need requires.
• Develop knowledge and skills to maintain motivation to learners during manual handling training activities.
• Develop knowledge and skills to design and deliver appropriate assessment methods (theory and practical) to learners.
• Develop knowledge and skills to design and carry out a risk assessment management system for all manual handling activities.
• Develop knowledge and skills to design and communicate lesson plans and cost benefits of manual handling training for management.
A typical training course will last five (5) days. The training course will include all the contents of the manual handling course as detailed above, communication and presentation skills, Risk assessment of manual handling risk and the design of training courses and the use and selection of training materials.
Course Duration5 days
Number of Delegates
Successful students will receive a QQI level 6 Manual handling instruction certificate upon completion