To provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with mini-digger operations and to obtain the appropriate certification.
The programme will consist of a classroom session of underpinning knowledge relating to mini-digger operations, a one-hour practical test and a one-hour related knowledge test.
The candidate would be expected to:
- Safely operate and control a mini-digger machine
- Evacuate to line and level for land drainage, land reclamation, house foundations etc
- Check, inspect and maintain a mini-digger for efficient use under construction site conditions
- Recognise and use approved hand signals
- Complete site clearance and/or reinstatement
- Load a dump truck
- Load/un-load a mini-digger machine on/off a low loader
Candidates for this programme must have at least six months’ full-time experience as a mini-digger operator within the previous two years. (Documentary evidence will be required from the employer to support the candidate’s claim of the required experience). Candidates must also possess the Solas ‘Safepass’ registration card.
Course Duration1 Day
Number of Delegates4 Maximum per course
On successful completion of this course SOLAS will issue a CSCS Card to each delegate, which is valid for 5 years.