To provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with telescopic handler operations and to obtain the appropriate certification.
The programme will consist of a classroom session of underpinning knowledge relating to telescopic handler operations, a one-hour practical test and a one-hour related knowledge test.
The candidate would be expected to:
- Safely operate and control a telescopic handler under no-load and load conditions
- Lift and place a variety of loads to towers and trailers
- Carry out pre-start checks and walk-around inspection procedures on a telescopic handler
- Recognise and use approved hand signals
- Recognise the function of all safety indicators and be competent in the use of load charts
Candidates for this programme must have at least six months’ full-time experience as a telescopic handler operator within the previous two years. (Documentary evidence will be required from the employer to support the candidate’s claim of the required experience). Candidates must also possess the Solas ‘Safepass’ registration card.
Participants are expected to bring overalls, safety boots and other personal protection equipment as appropriate. (Solas will supply helmets).
Course Duration1 Day
Number of Delegates3 Maximum per course
On successful completion of this course Solas will issue a CSCS Card to each delegate, which is valid for 5 years.