To provide Safety Training & Assessment to enable candidates to demonstrate safe operation of Tower Scaffolding in line with regulations.
Candidates over 16 years of age in receipt of current Safe Pass Card, Manual Handling Training and minimum of three months experience of erecting mobile access towers within the last two years
Irish PPSN. (Evidence of prior learning will be required)
Good understanding of written and spoken English (if not a SOLAS approved interpreter will be required)
Be able to answer yes to 14 out of 20 questions on the candidate pack
PPE(personal protective equipment), i.e. Hard Hat, High Visibility Vest, Steel Toe Capped Boots, Gloves
This course is aimed at experienced operatives who do not currently hold a CSCS ticket.
On completion participants will be able to:
- Understand Safe Erection and Dismantling Procedures to HD1004 Specification.
- Understand the Principles of Accident Causation and Prevention.
- Be aware of and understand Relevant Legislation.
- Hazards associated with the erection and dismantling of mobile tower scaffolds
- Inspection and selection of components used in mobile tower scaffolds – Equipment components and functions.
- Correct insertion and positioning of scaffolding components
- Interpretation of manufacturer’s instructions
- Identifying materials and components required for erection of mobile scaffold tower
- Effects of weather conditions and proximity hazards
- Safe manoeuvring of the tower
Where delegates are inexperienced a training day is recommended prior to sitting this 1 day assessment
Course Duration1 Day
Number of Delegates4 Maximum per course
On successful completion of the course, a CSCS Card and QQI Certificate will be issued to each delegate, which is valid for 5 years.