Environmental Noise Surveys & Monitoring
Environmental noise has the ability to greatly affect our quality of life; high noise levels can be very contentious at private dwellings or other noise-sensitive areas.
horcontrol can perform environmental noise & dust assessments to pplicable standards for a range of issues including:
- Pre-empting noise of noise complaints by the public
- Monitoring effects of new plant, operations etc.
- Evaluation of Legitimacy of noise complaints by members of the public
- Planning Applications for new housing developments
- IPCL (Integrated Pollution Control License) Renewal for Industry
- EIS (Environmental Impact Assessment) for Industry#
Occupational Noise Surveys & Monitoring
“The introduction of new legislation in 2006 lowers the allowable levels of workplace noise, and puts the onus on the employer to quantify and reduce workplace noise levels. If you regularly use power tools or machinery, or have difficulty holding a conversation due to background noise levels at work, you must conduct an occupational noise survey.”
Shorcontrol offers a comprehensive occupational noise exposure survey, which is a statutory requirement or any workplace where noise levels regularly exceed 80dB. (S.I no 371 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Control of Noise at Work) Regulations 2006).
The survey and accompanying report include:
- Investigation of extent and nature of noise problem
- Personal noise exposure levels of all at risk employees
- Suggestions and recommendations for reduction of noise
- Duties of the employer and employee
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of any hearing protection used
For a full assessment of your needs Tel 045 898198 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org