Many larger organisations choose the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a key part of their supervisors’ or management development programme. By ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management they build an effective safety culture in the company. Smaller organisations, operating in lower risk environments, often choose the NEBOSH National General certificate as the appropriate qualification for the manager taking the lead on health and safety issues.
NEBOSH International General Certificate
Thousands of leading experts and organisations have helped update one of the most widely respected health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. This means that it’s designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
Who’s it for?
Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH International General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those who want to develop their health and safety career and gives you a steppingstone to success.
What will I know?
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH International General Certificate covers the core skills you need, wherever in the world you work.
You will learn:
– How to effectively manage health and safety
– How to identify and control common workplace hazards
– How to measure if you’ve been successful
– Relevant key international standards.
What will I be able to do?
Risk assessment is central to the qualification. Through study and workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
– Confidently carry out risk assessments
– Develop and implement a detailed action plan
– Manage and minimise workplace risks
– Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture Transform your career:
how will it help me?:
– Minimise workplace injuries and illness
– Boost employee wellbeing
– Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
– Strengthen your health and safety culture
– Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house health and safety expertise
How is it assessed?
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation. The two-step assessment process, which checks what you know and can do, consists of:
– An open book examination
– A practical risk assessment
Course Duration10 days delivering in 2 1 week sessions over 2 months followed by exam day on month 3 (all live remote)
Number of Delegates
NEBOSH international General Certificate in Health & Safety (Level 5 on Irish qualifications framework)